Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dreaming of Summer Desserts


Winter has finally arrived in New York. Sure, it's a few months late, but that doesn't make it any less painful. On cold and bitter days like today, I can't help but fantasize about summer. And of course my thoughts lead to food! Here's an image from a BBQ I was at on the North Fork of Long Island. Freshly picked raspberries, coconut layer cake, and a cherry pie... a smorgasbord of summer pleasures. Memories of this festive party, and these classic summer desserts, are almost enough to warm me up.

How are you surviving the winter? Are you dreaming of your favorite summer standbys or are you embracing the cold?

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surviving the winter by wondering sunbathing under the sun in a beautiful beach while eating my favorite gluten free desserts like Hungarian Chestnut Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hungarian Chestnut Cake--tell me more!!! What is it? What makes it Hungarian?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pastry Chef ~ Craft! I do not know what makes it Hungarian but, it has a a dense, dark chocolate flavor for true chocolate lovers.

      I guess, it makes Hungarian because of the chestnuts and marrons in it.

      Delete
  4. I am a sweet lover most especially desserts that are made up of chocolates. These desserts look delicious indeed. By the way, I also like that cherry pie. I am now craving for some of these desserts.

    corporate catering

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are temptation. I wish all are gluten free desserts.

    gluten free desserts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to throw a party and serve all these desserts. I am actually thinking of renting one of the party buses in new york and organize a socialization party for some of my friends. I love matching potential couples and it would be sweet if there are sweet desserts for them to share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. Honestly, I have a sweet tooth. That makes me a sweet lover. I've tasted the best cheesecake in New york when I visited the city last year. I wish I could come and visit NY soon to taste other varieties of their desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking for the tour in summer book best Laguardia airport car service at affordable price.

    ReplyDelete