Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pie Season


Are you ready for pie season? Because it's just around the corner.... Yes, I love autumn pies–apple, pumpkin, and pear. But really, I'm obsessed with spring and summer fruit pies. The minute strawberries and rhubarb start hitting the farmer's market, I know that cherries, blackberries, and raspberries aren't far behind. And don't get me started on stone fruit!

Because the seasons can be short for each fruit, it's good to know when to get your bake on. Here's a sense of what's in season and when:


May/June- Rhubarb, strawberries, cherries
June/July- Apricots, plums, blueberries
July/August- Blackberries, raspberries, peaches, nectarines

Until my cookbook arrives on book shop shelves, here are some of my favorite pie and tart cookbooks to get you inspired (most of which are recommended by Junita at
Stack of Cookbooks):








No comments:

Post a Comment