Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Confection Tasting in San Francisco


This is just the first 25 confections I was tasked to eat last Sunday at the 3rd annual Good Food Awards. After lunch, which included a visit to Bar Tartine for a most amazing snack of peach leaf and roasted buckwheat tea and chicken katsu on Langos--potato fry bread sandwich, I had to taste at least 15 more candies.

Just imagine how I must have felt after eating what is equivalent to an entire heart-shaped box of Valentine's Day chocolates...pretty sick. So what did I do to recover? Visited Tartine Bakery for the world's largest gougeres--gruyere and black pepper cheese puffs.

I'm quite happy to be back in NYC where I will not be eating candy for at least a week. Best of luck to the entrants of this year's confection category--there were some phenomenal sweets submitted by great artisanal candy-makers from all over the US. So lucky to have been there to enter my vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment