Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Last Photo Shoot




Big sigh. A week ago I wrapped up the very last photo shoot for my forthcoming cookbook. One year of recipe testing, baking, and styling over the course of five shoots... I can't believe it's over! Well, almost over. I'm finishing up my manuscript and doing some final recipe tweaking in New Orleans this week. After that, it's on to book design, marketing plans and publicity tours. And eventually I'll get to share some sneak peeks with you. 


Until then, here are some photos from the last shoot:



My über-talented photographer, Pernille Pedersen, and prop stylist, Michelle Wong, inspect the backdrop to make sure it's perfect.


It always amazes me how differently the shot appears on a computer screen. We nailed this one!


Here I am, garnishing a very adorable ice cream cake. After we got the shot, everyone whipped out their iPhones to take a picture. 



At the end of the first day we shot a new header for the blog. My assistant, Junita Bognanni, and I couldn't resist posing next to it (and yes, it was not easy getting up off that floor...).


The last shot! We ended with a trio of spumoni-inspired brioche ice cream sandwiches.


After cleaning and packing up, we walked down the street for a celebratory meal at Buttermilk Channel. Thank you ladies!! I couldn't have done it without you. Until the next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment